Friday, March 18, 2011

Super Dale Race Goals

Race Tomorrow!

If you've looked at my races, then you have probably noticed that I've been stuck in a second place rut. Boo! I'm determined to break this tomorrow! I am running in a race for Super Dale- a Wasatch High School senior that was paralyzed while wrestling this year. The proceeds for the race go directly to him for his care. It's local, and it's small (under 200 runners), so I think I have a shot at actually bringing home a 1st place ribbon. I also hope to run the 10K in under a 7:30 pace, which will be a new PR for me. Plus, first place gets a FREE TEAM for the Dirty Dash 5K at Soldier Hollow in June.

It's okay for you to start praying for me now :).

For me, a recipe for a successful (read- WINNING) race is a good playlist. Since Darcy injured her ankle she won't be right by my side this time, so I will actually have to rely on myself. Scary!

Here's what is going to take me to victory tomorrow:

"Forget You" by Cee Lo Green
"Love Like Woe" by The Ready Set
"Disturbia" by Rheanna
"Talk You Down" by The Script
"All The Right Moves" by One Republic
"Dog Days Are Over" by Florence and the Machine
"Sing" by The Glee Cast
"Ain't No Rest For the Wicked" by Caged the Elephant
"One, Two Step" by Ciara
"Back to the Earth" by Rusted Root
**"Hey, Soul Sister" by Train

What do you listen to to get your heart pumping and muscles moving? I'm always on the search for a new song!

**For some reason at every race I've run, this song has been the one that has carried me across the finish line. It will forever be on my running playlist.

No comments: