Monday, April 4, 2011

Oh, the places you'll go!


Sometimes I don't realize that I'm doing something great until I can look back at it. It's a problem.

Today I was downloading my watch onto the Garmin site and I was looking at my statistics for the month of March. I'm at the beginning of my training for the Wasatch Back (the mother of all Ragnar Relays!) and it's just starting to get to the nitty gritty in April and May. So, I was surprised when I saw this:

Count:18 Activities
Distance:118.60 mi
Time:17:24:53 h:m:s
Elevation Gain:4,667 ft
Avg Speed:6.8 mph
Avg HR:171 bpm
Calories:10,911 C
Max Distance:12.10 mi
Avg Distance:6.59 mi
It made me think of dear old Dr. Suess's book, Oh, the Places You'll Go! It's surprising where a month of training can take you. Heck, in elevation this month I climbed an entire mountain. That's pretty awesome.

2 comments:

Coy Martinez said...

That's a pretty cool book! Lots to put into practice while running :)

sNick said...

I love that book, and this post. Good on ya, Amylee.