Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A word on ellipticals.

Well. I'm not as healed as I thought.

I ran 5 miles on Monday with Darcy and wondered if I was going to make it the rest of the way home. I had to stop and stretch and walk several times. 4 miles is my max right now, so I'm going to do my best not to push it.

Today I skipped my run in the morning and headed to my friend Audra's house to use her elliptical.

Seriously folks, ellipticals are depressing.

I did a hills workout with the resistance starting out at 4 and working up to 10 for 30 minutes. 30 minutes and I only went a total distance of 1.15 miles.

For real?!

Like I said, depressing. My legs felt like jello and when I finished I needed a life jacket to swim through the pool of sweat on the ground (sorry about that, Audra). The good news is that with no pain or soreness at all during or after my workout, the elliptical is going to become my new BFF.

Time to start cross training like crazy!!!!

No comments: