Thursday, July 21, 2011

Help with... runs.

Thanks to the funny and talented Cory Reese for lumping me in the same category as Lance Armstrong and picking me to participate in:

Amylee! Blogger style of course.

Ask me anything-about life, love, religion, running, children, vacations I'd like to go on, food I wish I were eating right now- and I will answer it! I will be getting to your questions by next Wednesday- after I return from a much needed vacay to Yellowstone and Island Park!

I'm supposed to tag people, but I'm in too big of a hurry to find URL's. I would like to tag Tina @ Gotta Run Now and Cely @ Running off the Reeses to participate- should you feel so inclined.

I ran 17 miles this morning. SEVENTEEN! The word is long, and the run was long, but it was awesome! Oodles better than our 15 miler a couple of weeks ago. Our pace was good and we felt good too (no chafing, knee problems, or back problems). We ran the 17 miles in 2 hours and 30 minutes with an 8:49/mile pace. We ran a different route than usual and it was so nice to switch things up! However, I much prefer to end my runs on 4 miles of downhill rather than 4 miles of uphill.

The biggest problem of the run: I HAD TO TAKE 4 BATHROOM BREAKS. F.O.U.R. It was insanity! I can blame it on a couple days of a terrible diet, and hanging out at Lagoon all day yesterday.

The truth is, I fight bathroom issues on the majority of my runs. It gets really annoying. Any of you have this problem? Any advice? I've been pretty lucky on my races and have been able to make it through without problems, but I'm nervous about the marathon. What should I do?

I really wish I could have one of these that could magically fold up and be carried in my spibelt.

Plus- who has ever seen a port a potty this pretty? Or clean???

I'm doing my next couple of run in bear country. Here's hoping I don't get eaten or spray myself with pepper spray!

2 comments:

Cory Reese said...

What is your ultimate running goal?

When was the moment you knew you were a runner?

Enormous cookies from Maverik: great junk food or the greatest junk food?

Rachelle Wardle said...

Great job on the 17-miler!! Awesome pace! Have so much fun on your vacation, Yay for vacations!!!

Questions:

How long have you been running?

Favorite distance to run? Favorite type of run (tempo, hill, speedwork, LR).

Have you always been so skinny or do you work hard to stay thin?

Can we hangout in real life? When you qualify for Boston can we go together? :)

What is your favorite activity with your kids?