My husband started back to school today. I had a rough time last night (read, mental break down, tears, and frantic cleaning of the house to calm nerves), but I'm doing MUCH better today. We are back to real life! This means morning runs will be the exception rather than the rule, and that I will be spending a majority of my time with these 4 rug rats:
The two on the right are mine, and the two on the left are my good friend Lindsey's. They will be spending every Monday, Wednesday and Friday with us. For my work out today I have:
- Fixed 4 breakfasts and 4 lunches.
- Wiped tears and kissed cheeks.
- Killed 4 hobo spiders (I'm aware this has nothing to do with the children per se, but it was all in protection of them!)
- Gathered ants for the ant farm- which is much more difficult than you might imagine.
- Helped spur creative juices and they made their own "Super star!" with their name on it.
- Tucked in 4 tiny bodies for nap time.
What's more exhausting- running 20 miles, or children?
CHILDREN!!! I could also argue that children are more rewarding as well.