Monday, April 16, 2012

Weekly RUNdown

Last week I took a day off.  I was feeling kind of beat down after a tough week the week before, and I'm so glad I did!  My IT Band on my left side was a bit tight after my 20 miler, and again after my tempo run, but not painful... yet.  I saw my chiropractor today to make sure everything was in line- which it wasn't- but I'm sure feeling fluid now!  I'm excited for a week of hard (and fun!) training.

Monday:  Cycling- 12.4 miles in 45 minutes (16.5 mph)
Wednesday:  20 miles @ 8:45 pace on the treadmill.  It was ugly.
Friday:  30 minutes on the elliptical.
Saturday:  6 mile tempo run.  1.5 miles at 8:34 pace, 4 miles at 7:11 pace, and .5 mile at 8:34 pace.  Unbelievably, I did this on the treadmill.  What was the deal with last week?!  I will admit that the treadmill was pretty nice for a tempo run because it was easy to keep the pace... obviously.

Like most of you, my thoughts have been filled with Boston today.

  • At the chiropractor I was waiting for text updates on Rachelle.
  • I was at the grocery store and I was thinking about what I would be eating if I had run the marathon this morning.
  • I painted a bed for Annie and I was thinking about what it would be like to hang a Boston medal on my mirror.

I was so close to being there.  I thought that today I would feel sad because I was missing out, but instead, I have felt so happy.

I feel the fire again.

I know I have the ability to qualify for the Boston Marathon again, and I know that one day I will run in the sea of Boston Marathoners with the biggest smile on my face.

It's good to have something to continue to work for.

What is your ultimate running goal?

1 comment:

Julia said...

I believe in you so much and KNOW you will be there! Can't wait to be tracking YOU in the near future as you crush it out there! My ultimate goal is an ultra...at least a 50. I would like to break 4 in the marathon but not sure I will ever be or enjoy trying to be speedy. I just want to run slow for a long time :)