Monday, October 17, 2011

I put a spell on you...

***Updates to the family blog! {Just an ordinary day} and {Witches Night Out}

Mmmmm.... October.  Don't you love it?!  I'm totally in love.  From pumpkins, to changing leaves, to witches- I'm soaking up every minute.  Plus, running in 40 degree weather!  It just doesn't get much better than that!

This last weekend I went to a Witches Night Out at Gardner Village in Salt Lake.  It was so much fun to meet up with my sisters-in-law for some caramel apples, cinnamon almonds (my favorite!), and DANCING.
I got my witch on.
Annie was sad that she couldn't come, so she had a Kitty's Night Out with her brother and Daddy.
Me and my Kitty, Annie Kate
As far as running goes- I think someone put a spell on me.  I slowed down this week... a lot.  It was W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L!  I enjoyed conversations (with my healed up running partners!  Yay!) instead of a faster pace- I'll just have to pull some speed out in Vegas for the race this weekend.

Workouts were as follows:
Monday Night- 3 miles @ 9:03 pace (Mindy)
Tuesday Morning- 6 miles @8:42 pace (Jami)
Tuesday Night- 4 miles @ 9:02 pace (Mindy)
Friday- 5 miles rolling hills (256 ft. gain) @ 9:27 pace (Mindy)
Saturday- 12 miles @ 8:21 pace (Jami)

I felt really great for most of the runs, but Saturday's 12 miles kicked my butt!!!  I can't believe I ran a marathon only one month ago.

Do you prefer to run with a running partner, or alone?
It depends on the day!  Most days I prefer to run with a running partner, but if I'm going to tackle some major hills or speed work, then it is best if I do it by myself so I can really push myself and go at my own pace.

What are you going to be for Halloween?
A witch!  Obviously :).  Except I will be a skeleton for the Halloween Half Marathon that I'm running the Saturday before Halloween.

8 comments:

Rachelle Wardle said...

LOVE the pictures! I am so jealous you went to witches night out, I have always wanted to go. It is so so fun to dress and your little girl is such a doll.

Good job on slowing down! It will only make you faster in the long run. I like a good mix of solo runs and running parter runs. Always good to mix things up.

3.5 work days untill I see you in Vegas! Woo hoo I cant wait!

Amy @ Run Mom Run said...

I LOVE running with my running buddies, but like you, sometimes I need to go by myself to concentrate on a hard workout.

Julia said...

the pics are so fun! and i love your costume!!! seriously running with friends is the best. i like a good balance because sometimes i just enjoy the time alone. but nothing beats when the time flies by from great conversation and company!

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

SO SO FUN...Love the pictures!! Yay for slowing down this month. You are going to kick trash in Vegas and I can't wait to read all about it. I wish I could tell you about my costume:)

Ali Mc said...

Love your witch outfit You look so smokin! and your little kitty is SOOOO cute...how did I not know you were a mom?? must've not been stalking you hard enough. LOVE IT!

Cory Reese said...

I honestly don't know how you guys run with running partners. I love running by myself.

My favorite thing about Fall is pumpkin pie shakes from Arctic Circle.

Have fun at Ragnar, looking forward to the race report!

kalie said...

What a cute costume! Your hair is getting so long. :)

12 miles at an 8:21 pace? Seriously. YOU BLOW MY MIND.

I am so excited for my costume! IT WILL KNOCK YOUR SOCKS OFF. :D

Jen @ Mom's Gotta Run said...

cant wait to see the skeleton running pictures :)