Saturday, November 26, 2011

M.I.A. and Turkey Trotting

I miss you guys!!!!

I've spent the last hour or so with my legs propped up on my couch reading about how a bazillion of you have been out running and streaking over the last few days while I've been out spending all of my money and eating too much fast food.  Good thing I get to start over next week!

BUUUUUUT- I did run a Turkey Trot! That counts for something, right? I'll do a proper recap later, but for now I'll leave you with this terrible picture they snapped of me at the finish line:
Can you tell that I wanted to die?  Because I wanted to die. 
Please repeat after me: "I can feel awesome about myself because at least I don't look like THAT GIRL." You're welcome.

5th woman overall with a time of 20:33 in 2.95 miles (6:58 average pace).

9 comments:

Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner said...

I would take an awkward finish line photo for a speedy 5k time like that! Great job!!!

Amy @ Run Mom Run said...

Oh I have running pictures WAY worse than that!

Great job on the race! It looks like you did a fantastic job! Turkey trots are so much fun!

Rachelle Wardle said...

Um you rock!! That time is seriously amazing!! Is it really not a PR? Holy crap girl. Congrats on 5th female overall.

P.S. I think you look great in the picture. What are you talking about? :)

Cory Reese said...

I get chunky burps even thinking about running that fast. Way to go!

kalie said...

Way to go! That is super speedy ... per usual. I love how you are so fast you are blurry!

Courtney said...

you are SO FAST!! awesome job!

Falon said...

Dang lady that was fast! I have decided the that uglier you look while running, the faster and more awesome you actually are. Thoughts?

Jessica said...

I absolutely adore this picture. And good heavens, you are FAST! I was all cocky this weekend because I ran a 5K in under 34 minutes. You were probably already finishing a bagel at your race by the time I wheezed my way across the finish line at mine. You are an inspiration!

Suz and Allan said...

So speedy! That's awesome!