Saturday, January 14, 2012

New Oshes

***The IT Band/Shin Splint rehab post now includes all the videos.  Check them out if you haven't already.  Thank you for not mocking me (at least in your comments)!  I'm aware they are dry- These were all business; welcome to the serious side of Amylee.

Moving on.

Growing up, we called shoes "oshes" in our family (pronounced uh- shez). Why? I have no idea, but don't you feel closer to me knowing that random fact?

So.... NEW OSHES!!!!!

Brooks Cadence: Minimalist footwear with support and stabilization; basically a hybrid between a minimalist shoe and a normal trainer.

They're black.

And purple. 

And I'm completely in love. 
 Well, as "in love" as you can be without having run in your running shoes. Hope y'all got out there and enjoyed (or will enjoy) a nice long run!

Brooks Cadence Running shoes:  $128.22
RUNNING total: 381.47
Running in HOT shoes:  Priceless

14 comments:

Kim said...

Those are amazingly pretty!!!

Running With The Girls said...

Okay, I'm buying them for myself for my birthday. I have to!!!

Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner said...

Cute new shoes! I tried them on a few weeks ago (I went with Brooks Ghosts instead) and I have to say, if I ever went the minimalist route they look great!

Amy @ Run Mom Run said...

I noticed them in your video and meant to comment but I was distracted by your adorableness and forgot.

I hope you like them (you know, when you're finally allowed to run in them!) New shoes are the best motivation ever!

It's one of my favorite days as a runner.

Jamie said...

Pretty shoes! I like the color.

Cory Reese said...

I must say, those are some pretty bad (like middle school where bad = awesome) shoes! Looking forward to hearing your review after you've got some miles in them.

Ali Mc said...

I need new shoes and I love brooks...I think I may look into these they look amazing!

jclay said...

Oooo.. I love the colors of your new Oshes!!! (And I do feel so much closer to you... close enough to borrow that cute striped shirt? :) )

Seriously loving that shiny purple!!! Have fun rolling out prs in those babies. :)

-Jess rerun

Anonymous said...

Love the new shoes! I usually keep new shoes in the box for a week or so until I go on a run 'worthy' of breaking them out ;)

I am trying to get out for a long run today. Motivation a little off this week... but really want to :)

Julia said...

OBSESSED. and. JEALOUS. LOVE.

Ann said...

Love those Brooks. Super jeally.

Christie said...

LOVE! - purple is my fav

Courtney said...

LOVE THEM!

Rachelle Wardle said...

Those are absolutely adorable and I have heard great things about them.

P.S. You have totally inspired me to track my running costs. I need to be smarter this year. Too bad Boston is totally sucking everything out of me. Once in a lifetime....I just got to keep telling myself that.