Thursday, February 23, 2012

Here- take my hand.

Thank you to Cory for posting this incredible video.  If you haven't watched, you should take the time to do so.  Grab some kleenex- you're gonna need it.
Sometimes we get mixed up being focused on paces, and distance, weekly mileage, and training schedules. Bottom line is that we are really blessed to be able to do what we do. Fast or slow, our goal is to make it to the finish line. The only thing better than making it there yourself, is by helping propel someone else to the finish- literal or figurative.


I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's important to lend people a hand sometimes.  Make room for everyone.  Push someone forward if they don't have the strength to do it themselves. 

We are capable of great things by ourselves, but extraordinary things when we work together.

6 comments:

Teamarcia said...

Amen sister! That was very touching.

sNick said...

There is no crying in running.

Breona said...

Love that. So many inspiring people to think of and push us when we are feeling weak!

Coy Martinez said...

I love running. This is a big reason why. Kleenex is right.

Ann said...

Love this!!

matt&cec said...

Yep, I cried so hard. Balled my eyes out over my breakfast. I love what he says at the end, because running gave me a place to belong too. Thanks for sharing!

-Cecily @www.rerunrunning.com