Thursday, June 30, 2011

I'm lovin' it!

I ran 13.2 miles this morning with Darcy during a break in the thunder storms this morning. It was so peaceful and cool- the perfect summer run. I'm starting to really love these long runs. The pace is slower and it's easier to soak in the beauty of the area rather than concentrating on the pain or trying to keep up the pace. We completed the 13.2 with an 8:58/mile pace- not bad for a course with 685 feet of elevation gain in the middle!

It was also great to have a nice run after the painful run I had yesterday. It was painful mentally more than anything. It was my first tempo run and I tried to keep my pace steady for the whole 7 miles- I was able to do it at a 7:43/mile, but it was K.I.L.L.E.R. I kept making up excuses in my brain for why it was so hard- 'It's so hot',or 'I didn't sleep well last night', or 'I'm just so thirsty.' Do you find yourself making up excuses sometimes? I'm hoping the tempo run won't kick my butt like this every week- I felt like I was racing, only this time I didn't win anything or walk away with a new T-shirt.

In my mind I'm a Kenyan, In my legs, I'm a... Tee Shirt by <span class=playerdude890" title="In my mind I'm a Kenyan, In my legs, I'm a... Tee Shirt by playerdude890" style="border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; display: block; position: absolute; top: 0px; left: 0px; width: 400px; height: 400px; ">
June was a good month for me. After struggling through May, it was nice to have a month where I felt so good and could really enjoy myself out there on the road. The stats are as follows:
Count:17 Activities
Distance:113.10 mi
Time:16:17:13 h:m:s
Elevation Gain:6,739 ft
Avg Speed:6.9 mph
Avg HR:179 bpm
Calories:10,291 C
Max Distance:14.06 mi
Avg Distance:6.65 mi
I'm excited to see where the next month will take me! I'm hoping to bump up my average speed to 7.0 mph :)

4 comments:

Heidi said...

You go girl!

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

YOU HAD A CRAZY AWESOME MONTH GIRL!!! I AM SO SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! PS I might maybe do top of utah:)

Rachelle Wardle said...

Awesome month indeed girl. Good job on the LR! You are a rockstar!!

Cory Reese said...

You are doing awesome! (Tempo runs are evil.) That t-shirt is disturbingly fitting for me.