Monday, March 12, 2012

Weekly RUNdown

***Updates to the family blog!  {The things they say...} and {The last year in the twenties.}.

Hey- remember me?!  Things have been so busy and unfortunately I haven't been able to blog very much.  I've missed you all!

Remember how I felt the week before last?  I'm happy to say that this last week was the complete opposite!  I felt strong, I was happy to run and looked forward to it, I had good company, I felt like I accomplished something- plus all of those other millions of reasons as to why I enjoy running.  The week looked like this:

Monday: Cycling, 11.1 miles in 45 minutes (14.8 mph), ITBS routine.
Tuesday:  5 miles hills, 7:55 pace.  I ran up Lindsey's Hill by myself this time.  I really pushed the pace on the way back down and even reached a sub 6 minute mile.  No foot pain during or after the run.
Thursday:  6 miles, 7:28 pace.  Temp run with 1 mile warm up, and then 5 tempo miles at around a 7:15 pace.  I was feeling super tired towards the end (especially that last mile), but I was still able to finish consistent and strong.  No foot pain before or after run.
Friday:  Cycling, 14 miles in 1 hour (14mph).
Saturday:  16 miles at 8:13 pace.  I felt so great!  Definitely the best run I've had in a long time.  I had several of those "Thank you Heavenly Father for giving me a strong body so that I could be able to run" moments.


I ran two 8 mile loops- the first loop I ran with Jami and Breona and the last loop I ran by myself.  I was able to run 10 miles at or below my goal marathon pace, and overall I ran pretty comfortably (except the last 2 miles- those felt hard).  I had a little bit of foot pain, but nothing bad.  My feet didn't even really bother me for the rest of the day.
Sunday:  BAD foot pain.  I limped around for the first few hours in the day, but then it got better.  It felt a lot better when I was wearing shoes than if I was walking around barefoot.  Ugh.  Felt very discouraged, AGAIN, yesterday.

There's the facts.  I'm just going to move forward doing my best.  Cross train when I need to, run when I can, and hope I can hit the Ogden Marathon.  I'm not sure if it's going to be in the cards for me this year, but oh well!  Can't do anything about it.  I'm just going to run smart and see where it takes me.

Have you ever had foot pain?
Where I'm feeling it is right on the balls of my feet towards my toes.  It's not even just the foot where my toe was jammed several weeks ago.  The toe that is right next to my big toe hurts the most- especially if I try to flex my foot.  I have never had pain like this before while running.  Do you think it could be the shoes????  I've been fighting this problem since I started running in my new trainers.  Will inserts help?  I'm going to a running store tomorrow to talk to them about the problem.

I have something exciting for you!!!  Be sure to check back later today! Here's a hint...

6 comments:

Courtney said...

awesome long run!! hope your pain gets better, hopefully the running store people will have some insight!

Coy Martinez said...

That's pesky about the foot. I don't think I run fast enough to end up with any sorts of problems! HAHAHA! Just kidding. Really, Maybe it's the shoes?? It's in an awkward kinda spot too. Hmmm.

I love the days when I want to run and don't feel like I'm making myself as part of a training cycle. :)

Rachelle Wardle said...

Such an awesome week. Your paces are awesome and 8:13 for a long run is seriously such a great pace.

I am so so sorry about the foot pain. Our bodies really are so weird and I really hope it is just something random and goes away. Best of luck at the running store today. Hopefully they will have some good ideas for you.

Julia said...

eeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkk!!!! handful!?!?!?! my new favorite!!!!!

blah about your foot. foot pain is seriously my LEAST favorite thing ever. my brother had the same experience. absolutely dominated 10 miles on saturday and then couldn't walk on sunday?? crazy. k. well good luck friend. i am sending you some healing magical vibes. dont give up on Ogden. k? because i think if you can get there...you will dominate.

Teamarcia said...

Yay for a strong week! I never had foot pain where you describe but I hope it is your shoes as that's an easy fix. I hope you get it sorted out soon!

Amy @ Run Mom Run said...

Sounds like a great week overall! I hope you figure out the foot pain thing soon, it's so weird! It's crazy how trying new shoes can fix one problem, but bring up another.

I'm really hoping it's a giveaway...