Monday, March 19, 2012

Weekly RUNdown

A weekend of rest, deep tissue massage on the foot, and I have high hopes for this week.  The foot isn't 100%, but I didn't expect it to be with only one week off.  I'm running tomorrow morning and we'll go from there.  Hopefully I'll be able to continue my workouts.  Last week went like this:

Monday:  Cycling- 16.6 miles in 1:05 (15.3 mph)
Tuesday:  6 Yasso's.  3:14, 3:17, 3:21, 3:12, 3:13, 3:10.  My goal was 3:17, so I felt really good about that.  The best part?  Breona was able to run all 6 sets right by my side!  Could it be?  Did I find a partner that can keep up with me?! (Ran 6.3 total miles)
Wednesday:  Cycling- 12 miles in 45 min. (16 mph)
Thursday:  Cycling- 24.8 miles in 1:40 (14.9 mph)

All this bike riding has me thinking- is there a duathlon in my future???  My husband would probably freak if he even knew that thought has crossed my mind.

5 comments:

Julia said...

you were rocking the cycling! and i am just going to go ahead and point out that you are amazing to be able to bust out those yassos on a less than 100% foot! incredible! hope you are back at it full force this week :)

DGri said...

DO IT! Why not go for a solid Tri? I swim like a geriatric cat, but it was still amazing. Alternatively, you could do a bike race? I raced a Century back in 2009. It about killed me, but it was an experience! YOU would rock it.

Ann said...

LOL re: cycling. GREAT JOB! I think you should TOTALLY consider a duathlon! :)

Cory Reese said...

Duathlon.....definitely! I think those sound so fun. I'd have to agree with Julia - I can't run Yassos that fast and my feet are working just fine. Way to go on the riding/running. I hope your foot starts cooperating ASAP!

Ali Mc said...

I love biking and wish I could been doing ti right now. I'd love to do a duathlon with you :)