- Pain in the ball of my foot- just behind my toes.
- Pain that gets worse when I run and improves when I rest.
- Pain that radiates from the balls of my feet and into my toes.
- Pain that worsens when I flex my feet.
- Increased pain when walking barefoot- especially on a hard surface. Pain lessens when wearing shoes.
Some of the causes of my pain are:
- Lots and lots of running. (Duh).
- Change in footwear.
- Footbox that is too small.
- A flexible foot.
Although I'm good at hiding things from you- I am not hiding a profession as a doctor. So, there you go- that's my disclaimer.
If it is actually Morton's Neuroma, then this problem is serious and could require surgery. I don't believe this is what I have.
For now I will be doing the following:
I am putting my feet in an ice bath for 10-15 minutes 1-3 times a day. (As often as I can!).
Elevation for 20 minutes-ish.
Toe and arch stretch. All you do is pull your toes up as far as you can with your hands. Hold the stretch for 30 seconds and repeat a few times.
Pick up blankets with toes.
PT says I should keep running for now and see how the next week or so goes.
I will be getting new shoes and looking into orthotics. They recommend getting custom orthotics for support for your metatarsal heads (where your toes connect to the ball of your foot), as well as for arch support.